Looking to expand its selection of content and appeal to A$AP Rocky's fan base, MTV is working with the rapper himself.
During the two-year-long deal, A$AP Rocky will be thinking up original pieces, concepts, advertising content and will also experiment with programming, reports Variety. Considering that A$AP Rocky is known not only for his music, but also his production, acting, directorial efforts and fashion, the Harlem-born creative is likely to serve as a great taste-maker for the new MTV content.
A$AP Rocky has expressed his excitement in the partnership as well, claiming that he sees an importance in coming up with fresh and unorthodox ways to appeal to a new generation of youth, due to the fact that they're now consumed with instant updates through social media outlets like Snapchat.
A$AP Rocky is on Board as a New MTV Partner to Offer His Creative Expertise
1. Rapper-curated Content - The trend of partnering with influential rappers to create and curate original content offers opportunities for brands to reach a specific target audience and tap into their creative expertise.
2. Multi-talented Artists as Taste-makers - The trend of working with multi-talented artists like A$AP Rocky, who can contribute across various creative fields, presents opportunities for collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas.
3. Appealing to the Social Media Generation - The trend of developing fresh and unorthodox ways to engage with the youth through platforms like Snapchat highlights opportunities to leverage social media for innovative content distribution.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can explore partnerships with rappers and multi-talented artists to create unique and engaging content experiences for audiences.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can collaborate with artists like A$AP Rocky to fuse their creative expertise and influence into unique clothing and accessory lines.
3. Media and Broadcasting - The media and broadcasting industry can embrace the trend of appealing to the social media generation by developing innovative content formats that resonate with younger audiences and leverage platforms like Snapchat for distribution.