In his new book, Guerrilla Advertising 2: More Unconventional Brand Communication, author Gavin Lucas collects some of the best non-traditional branding and marketing campaigns. In the fast-paced world of advertising and communications, innovative ideas and mind blowing media projects never end.
Lucas' first book on the subject was published in 2006, featuring more than 70 international campaigns. In Guerrilla Advertising 2, he continues to explore this trend after the introduction of social media marketing.
The book features 63 campaigns, which are categorized in five themes: Street Propaganda, Site Specific, Sneaky Maneuvers, Stunts, and Multi-Fronted Attack. Some of the most creative projects include an inflatable pig between two Manhattan buildings to publicize dental floss, street buskers interpreting songs from Oasis' new album, and a motorcycle with a large digital clock to promote on time pizza delivery.
This is a must-read book for everyone in brand communications and for the general public. Guerrilla Advertising 2 by Gavin Lucas will be available September 2011 from Laurence King Publishing.
Implications - Non-traditional advertising and marketing have become a creative machine with no boundaries. Lucas' new book on guerrilla advertising recognizes the effort behind some of the best campaigns and inspires advertisers to think and create outside the box.
Guerrilla Advertising 2 by Gavin Lucas Explores Untraditional Marketing Themes
1. Non-traditional Branding - Opportunity for brands to explore unconventional marketing campaigns and differentiate themselves from competitors.
2. Innovative Advertising - Growing demand for creative and mind-blowing media projects to capture audience attention and generate brand buzz.
3. Social Media Marketing - Continued exploration of unconventional marketing strategies in the age of social media for enhanced brand communication.
1. Advertising - Increasing need for advertising agencies to embrace non-traditional techniques and deliver innovative campaigns to clients.
2. Publishing - Opportunity for publishers to cater to the demand for books exploring unconventional branding and marketing strategies.
3. Digital Marketing - Growing market for digital marketing agencies to develop creative and impactful campaigns for brands utilizing social media platforms.