Professional basketball might not be everybody's bag, but the NBAxAway collection is a perfect bag for fans of professional basketball. Away, the start-up, direct-to-consumer luggage company, has partnered with Spalding and the NBA to release a series of luggage bags directly inspired by basketball, letting travelers show that ball is life wherever they go.
Though the NBAxAway collection hasn't yet been released (it drops on February 16th), there appear to be two styles. The bolder of the two features a brownish orange hue meant to mimic the color of a basketball, and the case's hard cover is imprinted with dimples that reference the texture of basketballs as well. The other bag in the collection also uses that dimpled surface, but it employs a more understated black colorway instead.
The NBAxAway Collection Features Bags Inspired by Ball
1. Basketball-inspired Luggage - Away's collaboration with the NBA and Spalding shows potential for creating luggage that appeals to fans of sports and entertainment.
2. Sports-themed Fashion - The NBAxAway collection demonstrates an opportunity for collaborations between sports organizations and fashion brands.
3. Texture-inspired Design - The dimple texture on the luggage bags provides inspiration for incorporating unique, tactile design elements into product lines.
1. Fashion - The intersection of fashion and sports opens up growth opportunities for brands to create 'fan gear' that appeals to enthusiasts of different teams and organizations.
2. Sports Merchandise - The NBAxAway collection highlights a chance for sports merchandise companies to expand their product lines beyond traditional apparel and accessories.
3. Luggage and Travel - Travel brands can explore partnerships with sports and entertainment organizations to create unique luggage lines that appeal to devoted fans.