While there are now many brands that offer microwavable mug cake mixes, General Mills’s Betty Crocker brand is putting its own spin on the idea with its all-new line of 'Mug Treats.'
As well as offering mixes for single-serving Triple Chocolate Cake and Rainbow Chip Cake, the collection also includes options to help consumers quickly whip up everything from muffins and brownies to cookies.
Each indulgent mug snack is paired with some sort of topping—while the Blueberry Muffin Mix is sold with a Cream Cheese Glaze, the Soft-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix is matched with a decadent fudge topping. Each of these Mug Treats can be prepared in the microwave in about a minute, making for unbelievably quick, easy and indulgent snack or dessert.
Image Credit: Betty Crocker
The Betty Crocker 'Mug Treats' Make Cakes, Cookies, Muffins and Brownies
1. Microwavable Baked Snacks - Opportunity for innovative flavors and toppings for microwavable mug treats.
2. Single-serving Convenience - Disruptive innovation opportunity to create more single-serving dessert options for on-the-go consumption.
3. Quick and Easy Desserts - Potential for disruptive innovation in developing even faster microwave dessert options.
1. Food Manufacturing - Chance for food manufacturers to expand their product lines with microwavable baked snacks.
2. Packaged Foods - Opportunity for packaged foods companies to create convenient, single-serving dessert mixes for consumers.
3. Kitchen Appliances - Disruptive innovation opportunity in developing advanced microwave technologies for faster and more efficient baking.