Following the initial popularity of the cronut (a croissant and donut mixture) a few years ago, several combinatory culinary concoctions have emerged, including this muffin bagel mix.
Created by Scot Rossillo at The Bagel Store, the Mufgel is offered in a number of limited edition flavors, including the Fruity Pebble Mufgel with funfetti cream cheese, a bacon, egg and cheese pizza Mufgel, the chocolate chip crumb Mufgel and one with cannoli cream cheese.
This Brooklyn-based eatery is the same place that invented the rainbow bagel, which received considerable media attention. In addition to various rainbow bagel varieties and the muffin bagel hybrid, The Bagel Store also offers a funnel cake waffle bagel, churro flat bagel and the 'pookie' -- a pie crust and cookie combo.
The 'Mufgel' is a Breakfast Food Mashup From Scot Rossillo at The Bagel Store
1. Hybrid Food - The popularity of food hybrids like the Mufgel presents opportunities for innovative culinary creations.
2. Limited Edition Flavors - Offering unique and limited edition flavors can attract attention and create buzz in the food industry.
3. Novelty Desserts - Creating innovative dessert options, such as the Mufgel, can tap into consumer demand for unique and Instagrammable treats.
1. Bakery - Bakeries can explore creating their own hybrid food creations, like the Mufgel, to cater to adventurous consumers.
2. Restaurant - Restaurants can incorporate limited edition flavors into their menu to attract customers looking for new and exciting dining experiences.
3. Food Retail - Food retailers can capitalize on the trend of novelty desserts by offering innovative and eye-catching treats in their stores.