Moleskine, the notebook brand beloved by creatives everywhere, is offering a gathering place for its writing and drawing community with the Moleskine Cafe. Though one of the key appeals of the snazzy jotpads is their portability, allowing consumers to draw while on the bus, in a subway, daydreaming at work or anywhere else, the brick and mortar Moleskine Cafe is meant to be a place for creatives to gather and write or draw together.
It may be called the Moleskine Cafe, but the space is more than just a coffee shop. Located in the heart of the Brera Design District in Milan, the shop will also feature an art gallery, a Moleskine store, and a library. As the website writes, the intention is to put forward a "contemporary reinterpretation of the idea of the 'cafe litteraire.'" Considering that great artists like Hemingway, Picasso and Matisse wrote in little black notebooks while reclining at similar cafes, the Moleskine Cafe is taking good inspiration.
The 'Moleskine Cafe' is a Multipurpose Hub in Downtown Milan
1. Multipurpose Hubs - The concept of multipurpose hubs, like the Moleskine Cafe, provides a space for creatives to gather, collaborate, and share ideas.
2. Hybrid Retail Spaces - Combining retail, gallery spaces, and cafes, the Moleskine Cafe demonstrates the potential for hybrid retail spaces to enhance the shopping experience and engage customers in multiple ways.
3. Reviving Literary Cafes - The Moleskine Cafe's contemporary reinterpretation of the 'cafe litteraire' concept suggests a revival of literary cafes that provide a creative atmosphere for writers and artists to connect.
1. Retail - Retailers could explore the concept of hybrid spaces, incorporating cafes and art galleries to offer a unique and immersive shopping experience.
2. Hospitality - Hospitality industries could incorporate the concept of multipurpose hubs, providing a space for guests to relax, collaborate, and engage in creative activities.
3. Arts and Culture - The revival of literary cafes, like the Moleskine Cafe, presents an opportunity for arts and culture organizations to create spaces that foster creative expression and community engagement.