London-based architecture firm Gensler looked into the interdynamics of its own work environment to develop a special modular office furniture system for Fantoni. The pieces are focused on providing flexibility, promoting collaboration among co-workers, and offering moments of privacy in the setting of the contemporary open-concept office.
Dubbed 'Atelier,' the modular office furniture system was born out of necessity. When Gensler relocated and moved to its current space of occupation, the company searched for furnishing products to satisfy the fast-pased environment of the business — one that very much thrives on a multidisciplinary approach. After not finding anything suitable, Gensler struck a partnership with Italian brand Fantoni which specializes in office furniture. Through this collaboration, the highly flexible and sleekly contemporary Atelier system was developed.
Gensler Develops a Flexible Furniture System, Titled 'Atelier'
1. Flexible Office Furniture - The trend of flexible office furniture is on the rise as businesses seek solutions that promote collaboration and adaptability in open-concept workspaces.
2. Modular Office Furniture - The modular office furniture trend offers opportunities for customizable and adaptable furniture systems that can be easily reconfigured to meet the changing needs of modern workplaces.
3. Collaborative Workspaces - Collaborative workspaces are becoming increasingly popular as businesses recognize the importance of promoting teamwork and communication among employees.
1. Office Furniture - The office furniture industry can capitalize on the trend of modular and flexible furniture systems by providing innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of modern workplaces.
2. Architecture and Design - The architecture and design industry has an opportunity to create innovative and functional office furniture systems that enhance collaboration, productivity, and well-being in the workplace.
3. Interior Design - The interior design industry can leverage the trend of flexible and modular office furniture systems to create aesthetically pleasing and highly functional workspaces that cater to the needs of employees.