Chicago's Bar Chido is a modern Mexican restaurant that was designed to thrive post-pandemic and beyond. The project started in February 2020 and quickly pivoted to the changing times. Notably, there's a set of windows that runs across the face of the restaurant, which helps to keep the spacious indoor dining area properly ventilated. There's also a custom takeout window just for walk-ups, so that guests can grab an order to go without having to physically set foot in the building.
Bar Chido worked with award-winning branding studio EightySeven to bring its vision for the cantina to life and it includes playful pastel colors and a cartoon donkey mascot by the name of Señor Chido. Maxwell Billings, Brand Designer and founding partner of EightySeven, says "We took a second look at our visuals, voice, and mascot to focus on being friendly."
Bar Chido is a Modern Mexican Restaurant for Post-COVID Dining
1. Post-pandemic Dining - As dining out returns after the pandemic, there is an opportunity for restaurants to reimagine their spaces to accommodate for the safety and comfort of guests.
2. Customized Takeout Experience - With the increased demand for takeout and delivery, there is an opportunity for restaurants to design spaces that prioritize quick and seamless pickups while maintaining the quality of the food.
3. Playful Branding - Branding and design can be leveraged to create a unique and memorable dining experience that attracts customers and differentiates a restaurant in a crowded market.
1. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants have the opportunity to reimagine their spaces and operations to prioritize safety, convenience, and brand differentiation as dining out picks up after the pandemic.
2. Branding and Design Industry - Branding and design agencies can work with restaurants to create unique and memorable experiences that resonate with customers and differentiate the restaurant in a crowded market.
3. Takeout and Delivery Industry - With the increased demand for takeout and delivery, there is an opportunity for companies to design products and services that streamline the pickup process and ensure quality food for customers.