Disney and Honda have partnered up to reveal the 'Minnie Van' -- a pink clad, polka-dot vehicle that's complete with big ears and a bow to pay homage to the beloved Minnie Mouse.
The 2018 Honda Odyssey received a "Minnie Makeover" for this year's D23 Expo. The van is the first of its kind and serves as a creative attempt to align Honda's vehicles with the bubbling energy of the iconic character. The car, although not for sale, is thoughtfully designed, fun for the family and equipped with high-tech entertainment and safety features.
Over the years, the kind-hearted character has been serving as a role model to young children, collecting a devoted fan base. Honda aims to target this wide demographic by cleverly bringing the Minnie Van to life.
The 'Minnie Van' a Four-Wheeled Tribute to Minnie Mouse
1. Branded Vehicles - Companies partnering with other brands to create unique branded vehicles can increase brand awareness, loyalty and target a wider audience.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - Tapping into consumers' nostalgia through childhood icons can cultivate emotional connections and increase brand loyalty.
3. Entertainment Focused Features - Incorporating high-tech entertainment features into family-oriented vehicles can offer a unique selling proposition.
1. Automotive - Car manufacturers can increase brand awareness and loyalty by partnering with other industries and incorporating unique, entertainment-focused features into their vehicles.
2. Marketing - Marketers can tap into the emotional connection consumers have with childhood icons to create impactful and memorable campaigns.
3. Entertainment - The incorporation of high-tech entertainment features in family-oriented vehicles could present opportunities for collaboration and cross-industry partnerships with entertainment companies.