1-Group, Smobler Studios and The Sandbox are pushing the potential of virtual reality to hold metaverse weddings. Groom Clarence Chan, CEO of Bandwagon, and bride Joanne Tham held a 70s disco glam wedding at The Alkaff Mansion in the metaverse. Over the years, this historic spot in Singapore has hosted some of the most significant garden weddings over the last few decades and now it is doing the same in VR.
Ceremonies of this style are useful for uniting family members who are far apart from one another geographically or limited in their ability to travel. Additionally, as Smobler Studios pointed out in a press release, "What may not be possible or traditionally accepted in Asian weddings can now be made possible in the metaverse."
The Sandbox Recently Held Its First Metaverse Wedding
1. Virtual Weddings - The rise of virtual weddings in the metaverse creates opportunities for disrupting traditional wedding planning and celebrations.
2. Metaverse Events - Metaverse events such as virtual weddings offer new avenues for event planning and organizational opportunities.
3. Virtual Reality Experiences - Virtual reality experiences like metaverse weddings are an expanding market with potential for innovation and growth.
1. Wedding Industry - Virtual weddings in the metaverse offer a disruptive innovation opportunity to revolutionize the wedding industry and provide an alternative to traditional weddings.
2. Virtual Events Industry - The emergence of metaverse events such as virtual weddings presents an opportunity to grow the virtual events industry and reach a wider audience.
3. Virtual Reality Industry - The development of metaverse weddings and other virtual reality experiences has the potential to disrupt and expand the virtual reality industry.