For this upcoming Metallica concert, the band is looking to do a lot of things for the first time. Currently, Antarctica is the only continent that the band hasn’t played, but this is just one aspect of what will make this extremely remote concert a truly unique one.
On December 8th, Metallica will be performing for a group of contest winners at Carlini, Argentina’s Antarctic research base. The band will play without the use of amps and transmit sounds to the audience through headphones. Even if you’re unable to be part of this once-in-a-lifetime event, this icy Metallica concert will be live-streamed on Coca-Cola.tv and Coca-Cola.fm.
As The Guardian speculates, the reason that this Coca-Cola Zero-sponsored music event is being played without amps is likely to save the band from having to bring extra equipment to such a remote location. Either way, this would be an interesting concert to tune into.
This Icy Metallica Concert Will Be Held in Antarctica, Without Amps
1. Remote Concert Experiences - This unique concert experience in Antarctica, with sounds transmitted through headphones, opens up opportunities for more remote and immersive concert experiences.
2. Live-streaming Music Events - The live-streaming of the icy Metallica concert on Coca-Cola.tv and Coca-Cola.fm showcases the growing trend of live-streaming music events, providing access to audiences around the world.
3. Sponsorship of Unconventional Music Events - The Coca-Cola Zero sponsorship of the Metallica concert without amps highlights the trend of brands seeking to support and associate themselves with unconventional and one-of-a-kind music events.
1. Music Streaming Platforms - The live-streaming of the icy Metallica concert on Coca-Cola.tv and Coca-Cola.fm presents opportunities for music streaming platforms to partner with artists and broadcast exclusive live events.
2. Audio Technology - The use of headphones to transmit sounds at the icy Metallica concert in Antarctica opens up innovation opportunities in audio technology for immersive remote listening experiences.
3. Brand Sponsorship and Marketing - The sponsorship of the Metallica concert by Coca-Cola Zero demonstrates the potential for brands to support unique music events as a marketing and branding strategy.