NBA star Luka Dončić has unveiled a new digital avatar in cooperation with Epic Games’ MetaHuman technology. Using Epic Game’s ‘Unreal Engine 5 MetaHuman’ technology alongside augmented neural network technologies, the avatar is made to mimic real facial expressions recorded from Luka’s previous performances. Officially dubbed ‘Luk.AI,’ the player’s alter ego will be taking over his TikTok account in order to create a series of videos with other creators.
Epic’s ‘MetaHuman’ tool, which was unveiled last year, creates realistic humanoid avatars that include source data and are rigged for animation. Dončić’s digital avatar, which is dressed in a super stylish Nike tracksuit, is just the beginning as companies gravitate towards AI-based technologies to create lifelike digital humans.
Image Credit: 77x
Luka Dončić Now Has a Digital Avatar Thanks to MetaHuman
1. AI-based Digital Avatars - The use of AI to create digital avatars offers vast opportunities for creating realistic human-like representations of real personalities.
2. Augmented Neural Network Technologies - The application of augmented neural network technologies offers incredible potential for accurately simulating real facial expressions, gestures and movement.
3. Virtual Reality Advertising - There is a growing demand for virtual reality advertising fueled by the use of digital avatars and celebrity influencers.
1. Sports - Sports industry players can leverage AI-powered digital avatars to create new fan engagement opportunities and drive sales of merchandise.
2. Entertainment - Media and entertainment industry can explore opportunities for virtual reality advertising with the use of digital avatars, gamification and celebrity-driven content.
3. Gaming - Gaming industry players can leverage the use of AI-based technologies to create more immersive and realistic gaming experiences with lifelike digital humanoids.