The Mercedes-Benz x The Remix Project partnership was celebrated at Toronto's Only One Gallery art and event space on October 18th. "The Remix Project was created in order to help level the playing field for young people from disadvantaged, marginalized and under served communities" by helping them get their foot in the music industry door.
This unique collaboration brought together emerging producers and beat makers with the luxury car brand, resulting in an exclusive Spotify playlist of original music. The list pays homage to the legendary G-Class SUV model and was announced just in time for the release of the G-Class 2019 vehicle.
This unique initiative brought together producers who created solo and collaborative beats inspired by classic G-Class sounds -- from car locks with a distinct popping sounds to the loud slamming of car doors and even the varying intensities of the vehicle's horn. Featured producers included The Remix Project graduates Tay Lewis, Netto, Florian, Nate Smith, Sammy Passions, Batista the Producer, MaL, Nadjea, DoloindaCUT, Moose, David Ariza and Rich Kidd.
Image Credit: Nate Anthony, Desiree Thomas
Merceds-Benz x Remix Project Spotlights G-Class-Inspired Beats
1. Luxury Brand Collaborations - By collaborating with partners outside of their industry, luxury brands such as Mercedes-Benz can create unique and valuable experiences that resonate with target customers.
2. Music Industry Partnerships - Music industry collaborations and partnerships such as the one between Mercedes-Benz and The Remix Project can provide opportunities for emerging artists and lead to innovative new music offerings for consumers.
3. Sensory Marketing - Incorporating unique sounds and experiences associated with products such as the sounds of a G-Class SUV can create a sensory marketing experience for customers that enhances their brand loyalty and satisfaction.
1. Automotive - As seen in the Mercedes-Benz x The Remix Project partnership, the automotive industry can expand its reach and creative offerings by collaborating with artists and musicians to create unique experiences and products for consumers.
2. Music - The music industry can benefit from partnering with brands such as Mercedes-Benz to offer opportunities for aspiring artists and producers, as well as develop new and innovative musical offerings.
3. Luxury Goods - Collaborations with non-traditional partners such as The Remix Project offers luxury brands such as Mercedes-Benz new and creative ways to engage with their target customers and create unique brand experiences.