At the WWDC 2018 event, Apple announced that it's iOS 12 update will include a new and highly personalized feature called 'Meojis' -- illustrated icons that can be altered to match a user's appearance.
In recent years, Apple has shifted its offerings to present consumers with a more diverse range of emoticons that better represent the brand's vast consumer base. According to the brand, this move serves as a step toward being "more personal and expressive." Now, Apple is offering full personalization and customization as users can strategically create a character that looks just like them. This update will enable users to select the skin color, hair color, face shape, outfits and accessories of an emoticon, making for a more humanizing addition to the brand's offerings.
Apple's iOS 12 Update Will Feature 'Meojis'
1. Personalized Emoticons - The trend of creating personalized emoticons allows users to express themselves in a more unique and relatable way.
2. Diversification of Emoji Options - The trend of offering a diverse range of emoji options reflects the growing demand for representation and inclusivity.
3. Humanizing Digital Communication - The trend of humanizing digital communication through personalized emoticons creates a more personalized and relatable user experience.
1. Technology - The technology industry can capitalize on the trend of personalized emoticons by developing innovative software and algorithms that enable users to create highly accurate digital representations of themselves.
2. Messaging and Communication - The messaging and communication industry can leverage the trend of offering diverse emoji options by creating platforms and applications that prioritize inclusivity and cater to individuals from various backgrounds.
3. Graphic Design and Illustration - The graphic design and illustration industry can seize the opportunity presented by the trend of humanizing digital communication by providing services that assist users in creating personalized and visually appealing emoticons.