New Balance introduces another tonal iteration of the signature 550 sneaker model as the low-top shoe gets a Marquette colorway palette this season. The shoe retains its retro design elements and has a white leather material making up the base foundation of the upper.
It is also accented with touches of perforations to add some breathability to the shoe. As a nod to the Marquette University team colors, there are hints of blue and yellow around the heel. A deep burgundy red and light blue also highlight the shoe and the outsole respectively. Blending all of these hues together provides a vintage design touch to the shoe and it is set to launch officially later this year.
Image Credit: New Balance
New Balance's 550 Sneaker Get a Marquette Colorway
1. University-themed Sneakers - The trend of creating shoes with colorways inspired by universities provides an opportunity for collaborations between brands and colleges.
2. Perforated Accents - The trend of adding perforations to sneakers adds functionality to the design and could inspire materials innovations for breathability in footwear.
3. Retro Design Elements - Retro design elements are trending in the fashion industry and could be utilized by brands in other industries to appeal to consumers' desire for nostalgia.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the trend of university-themed sneakers and retro design elements to create new and innovative apparel products.
2. Sporting Goods - The sporting goods industry can utilize the trend of perforated accents in sneakers to develop new materials for improved breathability in athletic shoes.
3. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry could incorporate retro design elements into the design of products, such as mobile devices, to appeal to consumers' nostalgic desires.