Mario Gasser is an architect who has designed a terrace for a villa in Austria. The overall look of the place is extremely modern, with a hovering glass roof covering the terraced section in the backyard.
The glass roof is held up by distinct steel sections, which gives the design an industrial look. According to DesignBoom, "the glass roof hovering over the structure forms space within the environment where occupants can have exterior privacy from their neighbors." While this addition to the villa is small, it still makes a large difference to how the entire piece of architecture looks. The backyard is transformed from a simple space to something more elevated in terms of innovation and notability.
Photo Credits: designboom, mariogasser
Mario Gasser Develops a Transparent Design for an Austrian Villa
1. Glass Roof Terraces - Opportunity for architects to innovate designs by introducing hovering glass roofs over terraced sections in outdoor spaces.
2. Industrial-style Structures - Opportunity for architects to create industrial-style structures by using steel sections to hold up hovering glass roofs.
3. Innovative Backyard Designs - Opportunity for designers to transform basic backyard designs into more elevated and innovative pieces of architecture through small yet impactful additions like glass-roofed terraces.
1. Architecture - Opportunity for architects to increase their market value by incorporating modern and innovative designs in their projects, such as hovering glass roof terraces.
2. Construction - Opportunity for construction industry to incorporate glass-roofed terraces into outdoor spaces in residential and commercial constructions, thus offering a unique feature and increasing market demand.
3. Landscaping - Opportunity for landscaping industry to consider glass-roofed terraces as a way of elevating outdoor designs and incorporating unique architectural features in their landscapes.