These fantastically hairy male figures were made by artist Fiong Hung Hom. What makes these detailed figurines extra interesting is that they were carved from bamboo roots. As it turns out, bamboo roots are perfect for creating tiny bearded men.
Fiong Hung Hom, who comes from Vietnam, has been creating art since the age of 15 and has now perfected the art of sculpting with bamboo roots. This unusual material makes for a visually intriguing work of art. In these photos, viewers can see the dozens of sculpted male faces, each one sporting a beard of roots. Some of them are wearing hats; some appear to be laughing or smiling, while others seem to be rolling their eyes.
These unusual sculptures turn bamboo roots into captivating little characters.
These Hairy Male Figures Were Sculpted from Bamboo Roots
1. Eco-friendly Sculpture - Exploring the use of sustainable materials in artistic creations, such as bamboo roots, presents an opportunity for eco-friendly sculpture.
2. Intricate Figurine Art - Artists can tap into the trend of creating highly-detailed figurines, like these bearded bamboo sculptures, to cater to a niche market of collectors.
3. Natural Material Craftsmanship - The use of natural materials, like bamboo roots, in traditional craftsmanship offers a chance to revive heritage techniques in modern art.
1. Art and Sculpture - The art and sculpture industry can explore the use of sustainable materials and intricate sculpting techniques for unique and visually captivating creations.
2. Home Decor and Collectibles - Home decor and collectibles market can cater to niche collectors by offering unique and intricate figurines made from sustainable materials like bamboo roots.
3. Traditional Craftsmanship - The traditional craftsmanship industry can incorporate natural materials like bamboo roots to produce one-of-a-kind pieces that blend heritage techniques with contemporary art.