Makeup has been used for generations to help women feel beautiful and cover up all the things they want to keep hidden; however, Iowa-based photographer James Worrell has found an even more artistic use for cosmetics as this abstract makeup photography series proves.
Instead of using makeup as a beautification product on skin, this talented photographer chose to use the products used by millions and millions of women and men all over the world for art. In Worrell's surreal project, the photographer uses his eye for color and texture and his expertise in advertising and editorial photography to create his abstract makeup photography series. Capturing lush and colorful cosmetics against solid and simple black backdrop, Worrell creates a vivdi composition using nail polishes, lipsticks and eye shadow.
This Abstract Makeup Photography Series is Vibrant and Raw
1. Abstract Makeup Photography - This trend explores the artistic use of cosmetics in photography, creating vibrant and raw compositions.
2. Cosmetic Fine Art - This trend focuses on the use of cosmetics as a medium for creating fine art pieces, pushing the boundaries of traditional art forms.
3. Makeup as Visual Expression - This trend showcases how makeup can be used as a means of visual expression, breaking away from traditional beauty standards.
1. Photography - This industry can explore new avenues in abstract makeup photography, embracing the use of cosmetics for artistic purposes.
2. Cosmetics - This industry can capitalize on the growing trend of using makeup as a medium for artistic expression, expanding their product offerings to cater to artists and enthusiasts.
3. Fine Art - This industry can incorporate cosmetics as a unique medium in fine art creations, attracting a new audience and redefining traditional artistic practices.