The success of the augmented reality 'Pokémon Go' game has reportedly been spread to restaurants and other businesses that choose to purchase 'Lure Modules.'
Retailers and restaurant owners have the ability to make their location a 'PokeStop' by buying the Lure Modules through the game, creating an incentive for players to stop by. It's been reported that Jeffery Kaune, "the general manager of the Bremerton Bar and Grill in Bremerton, Washington," has seen business improve since purchasing a Lure Module. He explained this by saying "I estimate that we've had between 25% to 50% more business this weekend due to Pokémon Go players."
This has led others to follow suit, as those who enter businesses to play the game are far more likely to sit down for a meal or peruse the aisles as they take a break. In addition to purchasing Lure Modules to increase customer traffic, other establishments are taking advantage of the game's popularity by offering promotional discounts when users share Pokémon Go photos of themselves at its location.
The Pokémon Go Lure Modules Have Potential to Increase Customer Traffic
1. Augmented Reality Games - The success of Pokémon Go has shown the potential for businesses to incorporate augmented reality games to attract customers.
2. Location-based Incentives - The use of Lure Modules in Pokémon Go demonstrates the effectiveness of location-based incentives in drawing customers to businesses.
3. Marketing Through User-generated Content - Businesses can leverage the popularity of Pokémon Go by encouraging users to share their experiences and offer promotional discounts for doing so.
1. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can purchase Lure Modules to increase customer traffic and capitalize on the trend of Pokémon Go players seeking food options.
2. Retail Industry - Retailers can use Lure Modules to attract Pokémon Go players to their stores, potentially leading to increased sales and foot traffic.
3. Entertainment Industry - Companies in the entertainment industry can explore augmented reality gaming to create immersive experiences and engage customers in new ways.