MorningStar Farms, a division of Kellogg's that produces vegetarian food, recently partnered with reality television personality Colton Underwood to debut the new 'Lose Your Veginity' campaign. The ads were created to promote MorningStar Farm's meatless products and play on Underwood's publicized commitment to remain chaste until marriage.
The campaign features Underwood stating: “Luckily, my first time was with MorningStar Farms and it was so delicious I couldn’t wait to do it again. Now I want to encourage everyone to lose their veginity with MorningStar Farms." The collaboration also includes an activation where Underwood hosted a vegan party in New York City using the brand's plant-based foods.
As more brands transition to offer plant-based food options for the growing number of vegan and vegetarian consumers, MorningStar Farms sated in March of this year that it will be fully vegan by 2021.
Colton Underwood and Morningstar Debut 'Lose Your Veginity' Ads
1. Meatless Marketing - Companies are partnering with celebrities and influencers to promote their plant-based products, opening doors for sponsored content and creative collaborations.
2. Vegan Viral Campaigns - Humorous and attention-grabbing marketing initiatives, such as MorningStar Farms' 'Lose Your Veginity' campaign, can increase brand awareness and loyalty.
3. Total Veganism - As the popularity of veganism grows, companies are transitioning to fully plant-based options, creating space for innovative product development and sustainability initiatives.
1. Food and Beverage - Brands in the food and beverage industry can create plant-based products and creatively market them to vegans, vegetarians, and flexitarians.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing agencies can create innovative and humorous campaigns, partnering with influencers and celebrities to help brands make connections with new audiences.
3. Environmental Sustainability - The demand for plant-based food options is growing, providing an opportunity for companies to prioritize environmental sustainability and innovative agricultural practices in their business models.