You would probably like to try the locust pizza topping that is becoming a surprise hit at Joe Carrazza's cafe in Victoria, Australia. The idea of locust pizza topping came from Glenn Milne, the mayor, to git rid of the locust epidemic, which has endured for many years in the town.
Since then, Joe Carrazza is cashing in with his new menu. According to him, it is easy to collect locusts in the city--he goes out, collects them and puts them into the oven to create locust pizza topping.
Glenn Milne describes, "They’re crunchy and tasty. They seem to go well with all the toppings. I might have them even when the plague is over."
Locust Pizzas are Becoming Popular in Australia
1. Locust Pizza Topping - The trend of using locusts as a pizza topping is gaining popularity in Australia.
2. Insect-based Food - The growing interest in using insects as a food source presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the food industry.
3. Sustainable Pest Control - The idea of using locusts as a topping provides an opportunity to explore sustainable methods of pest control in agriculture.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore the use of alternative ingredients, such as locusts, to create unique and innovative products for consumers.
2. Agriculture - The agriculture industry can benefit from finding new and sustainable ways to manage locust populations and reduce their impact on crops.
3. Restaurant and Hospitality - Restaurants and hospitality businesses can tap into the trend of using unconventional toppings, like locusts, to attract adventurous eaters and create unique dining experiences.