Little Golden books were some of the nicest and easiest reads for little children once upon a time. In the same vain, old Nintendo games made up what was a golden age for classic videogames so combining the two seemed like a match made in heaven.
These cute Little Golden book reworks take the biggest and the best from Nintendo and turn them into children’s book covers. Seeing Mario in this way isn’t too crazy because Mario was always one of the more colorful and cartoon-like games, but seeing Zelda and Metroid in that style is slightly strange. The danger and ruthlessness has been drained from their games and what’s left is a cute and well designed set of book covers.
These Covers Re-Imagine Classic Games as Little Golden Books
1. Classic Game Revival - Opportunity to revive and reimagine classic video games in new formats such as children's book covers.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - Creating products that tap into nostalgia, like reimagining classic video games as children's book covers.
3. Cross-media Collaboration - Exploring collaboration between different forms of media, such as merging video games with children's book illustrations.
1. Video Games - Video game companies can explore new ways to appeal to a wider audience, such as partnering with children's book publishers.
2. Children's Publishing - Opportunity for children's book publishers to tap into the popularity of video games by creating book covers inspired by iconic game characters.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers can leverage nostalgia and cross-media collaborations to create unique and engaging campaigns for both video game and book industries.