Facebook's new Lip Sync Live feature is perhaps one of the most fun things the social media giant has ever rolled out. The new feature works with Facebook's camera effects and includes hundreds of songs in its selection, including favorites from classic artists like Guns N' Roses as well as modern hits like Havana by Camila Cabello, Happier by Ed Sheeran and God's Plan by Drake. The Lip Sync Live feature will also allow users to apply filters and backgrounds to their recordings, as well as allowing users to add their own personal description for their video.
Unlike other lip-syncing apps, Lip Sync Live allows users to put on a show in real-time because of integration with Facebook's live video features. Facebook is currently in the process of rolling out this feature and is working with record companies to allow users to upload videos with copyrighted songs.
Image Credit: Facebook
Facebook's Lip Sync Live Feature Lets Users Become Rockstars
1. Live Video Features - Integration with Facebook's live video feature provides disruptive innovation opportunities for more interactive content creation.
2. Personalized Video Content - Giving users the ability to create videos with personalized descriptions opens up opportunities for new forms and styles of video content.
3. Social Media Lip-syncing - The popularity of Lip Sync Live indicates a growing trend for social media platforms to incorporate more interactive and entertaining features.
1. Entertainment - Social media platforms such as Facebook are disrupting traditional entertainment industries by providing users with alternative outlets for content creation and consumption.
2. Music - Facebook's collaborations with record companies to allow users to upload videos with copyrighted songs is disrupting the music industry's traditional copyright protection methods.
3. Social Media - The Lip Sync Live feature is indicative of a broader trend of social media platforms constantly evolving and introducing new features to remain relevant.