Mauro Perucchetti's Life-Sized Swarovski Encrusted Figures
The life-sized Swarovski-encrusted figures by artists Mauro Perucchetti are breathtakingly wondrous. The 210 cm tall soldier resembles an Academy Award statue and 'The Precious One’ and ‘The Little Precious One’ is a seated figure with giant syringe-filled afro while the other is a teenager who subversively gives the world the finger. All of the sculptures are made of fibreglass covered in Swarovski crystals. Perucchetti encrusted a toilet-roll holder and the toilet paper to send a message about useless (perhaps even injurious) luxury.
1. Crystal-encrusted Art - Artists can incorporate crystals to elevate traditional art into something unique and visually striking.
2. Subversive Sculptures - Sculptors can create pieces that challenge social norms and provoke strong emotions in viewers.
3. Luxury Commentary - Artists can use luxury materials like Swarovski crystals to satirize the excesses of consumer culture and the fetishization of wealth.
1. Fine Art - Fine artists can experiment with different materials and techniques to create pieces that are visually and thematically engaging, like Swarovski-encrusted sculptures.
2. Sculpture - Sculptors can push the boundaries of their craft by creating controversial pieces that challenge viewers and spark debate.
3. Luxury Goods - Luxury brands can incorporate social commentary into their products to appeal to consumers who are skeptical of the excesses of consumer culture.