It is surprising that even with all the knowledge in today's society how far we still have to go to eliminate smoking. This infographic was created by Butler Brothers for the American tobacco control organization Legacy for Health. The organization's goal is to help provide people with longer and healthier lives through its prevention and cessation efforts. And with facts on its website like, "more than 45 million Americans smoke, and up to one half of all long-term smokers will eventually die from their addiction," it is no wonder these infographics were created to help spread its message.
The ten different infographics and their video counterparts show the addictive and seductive power of smoking and why it needs to stop. From the enormous cost of smoking financially and physically to how much popular culture influences kids to smoke, the facts are both scary and enlightening.
The Legacy for Health Shows the Horrifying Effects of Smoking
1. Anti-smoking Campaigns - There is an opportunity for organizations to create innovative and effective anti-smoking campaigns that educate and inspire healthy lifestyle changes.
2. Graphic Design for Social Causes - Designers and agencies can utilize their skills to create visual campaigns that raise awareness for social issues and promote positive change.
3. Visual Storytelling for Non-profits - Non-profit organizations can use infographics, videos, and other visual storytelling techniques to effectively communicate their message and engage with their audience.
1. Healthcare - Healthcare providers can partner with non-profit anti-smoking organizations to develop smoking cessation programs and other health initiatives.
2. Advertising - Advertising agencies can create impactful campaigns that raise awareness for social issues and inspire positive change.
3. Design - Designers can use their skills and creativity to design visual campaigns that promote social causes and inspire action.