The LED Cloud looks like a cross between the psychedelic floor of a disco club and a gas stop. The latter is because it was once a former tank station. It is an outdoor light installation made up of 60 large independent panels that piece together like one giant puzzle. Essentially an artificial sky, the LED Cloud produces an array of neon colors that shine invitingly and mesmerizingly in the dark.
Created by studio Sophie Valla Architects in collaboration with InventDesign, the LED Cloud was erected in Noorderpark in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Complete with lounge chairs, which happen to look like wooden high heel shoes, huddled around the poles, the LED Cloud provides a place for passersby to sit and relax at.
The LED Cloud by Sophie Valla Architects Takes Over a Gas Stop
1. Outdoor LED Installations - The trend of using LED technology for outdoor lighting installations to create artistic and visually appealing experiences.
2. Interactive Outdoor Spaces - The trend of creating outdoor spaces that invite people to interact and engage with installations or lighting experiences.
3. Repurposed Spaces - The trend of repurposing abandoned or unused spaces for art installations, creating new and creative experiences for visitors.
1. Art Exhibitions - Art exhibitions could utilize outdoor LED installations to create immersive and interactive art experiences.
2. Hospitality - Hotels and restaurants could incorporate interactive LED installations into their outdoor spaces in order to provide unique and memorable experiences for their guests.
3. Public Spaces - Designers and architects could utilize repurposed public spaces as canvases for outdoor installations, creating vibrant and engaging public spaces in urban areas.