OnlineCollege.org’s Learning Power of LEGO infographic is a comprehensive guide to the educational and developmental benefits of the iconic Danish interlocking construction toys. Created in the 1940s in Denmark, LEGO has grown into an international brand and expanded its basic stackable toy function to include a wide variety of modern licensed LEGO play sets, like those that incorporate brands like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.
The Learning Power of LEGO infographic breaks down the evolution of the toy and the statistics that grew with the size of the LEGO brand. LEGO also runs the Lego Learning Institute, and lists the skills associated with LEGO toys including the development of problem solving and fine-motor skills.
The Learning Power of LEGO Infographic is a Guide to the Danish Building Block
1. Educational Toys - Opportunity to create educational toys that enhance problem-solving and fine-motor skills.
2. Branded Play Sets - Opportunity to collaborate with popular brands to create LEGO play sets based on movies, TV shows, and more.
3. Online Learning Platforms - Opportunity to develop online platforms that provide educational content and resources related to LEGO and other construction toys.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunities to incorporate educational elements into traditional toy manufacturing processes.
2. Branding and Licensing - Opportunity to expand brand collaborations by licensing popular franchises for LEGO play sets.
3. Edtech - Opportunity to develop educational technology solutions that integrate with LEGO and other similar construction toys.