As part of the promotions for the release of 24: Live Another Day on Blu-ray and DVD, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment had artist Quentin Devine set up a large-scale mosaic and fittingly, construct it within the span of 24 hours.
The mosaic of actor Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer from 24 was made up of thousands of postcards of London's best landmarks. The mosaic was installed at London's Borough Market and setting it up involved applying one postcard per minute in order to meet the deadline, which added an element of rush and excitement to an installation that usually takes much more time to set up. The video showing the making of the billboard is quite impressive and a pretty dramatic stunt to celebrate the release of 24 on DVD.
This Large-Scale Mosaic of Jack Bauer Was Set Up in 24 Hours
1. Large-scale Mosaics - Creating large-scale mosaics using unconventional materials in a short time frame for promotional events or public installations.
2. Time-sensitive Promotions - Using time constraints as a promotional tool to create buzz for advertising campaigns, events or product launches.
3. Unconventional Brand Promotions - Brands taking alternative approaches to promotional activities such as unconventional art installations as an alternative to traditional advertising.
1. Entertainment - Entertainment companies using large-scale mosaics and time-sensitive promotions to promote movie releases or events.
2. Art and Design - Incorporating unconventional materials and time constraints when creating installations or art for public display.
3. Advertising - Utilizing unconventional brand promotions and time-sensitive techniques to create buzz and generate interest in new products or services.