You would have needed over $12,000 to outbid the person who bought a piece of Lady Gaga nail art. But the shockingly steep price wouldn't even get you a full manicured set of fake nails -- just one.
The black and gold-decorated acrylic nail was worn by the popstar during her 'Born This Way Ball' and for the launch of her fragrance 'Fame.'
To make up for the lack of bang for your buck, the winning bidder also received photos of Lady Gaga wearing the nails. But this is where it gets weird: the photo of Gaga onstage shows the finger that the nail fell off of, and includes an account of how it was recovered. The "letter of provenance" describes a fan nearly mistaking the nail for a guitar pick discarded on the ground.
A Bidder Payed a Hefty Price for a Piece of Lady Gaga Nail Art
1. High-end Nail Art - The auction price for Lady Gaga's acrylic nail highlights the growing trend of high-end and unique nail art.
2. Celebrity Memorabilia Auctions - The intense bidding for Lady Gaga's nail indicates the increasing popularity of auctions for celebrity memorabilia.
3. Personalized Fan Experiences - The inclusion of photos and a letter of provenance in the auction package exemplifies the trend of offering personalized fan experiences.
1. Beauty and Cosmetics - The nail art trend presents opportunities for beauty and cosmetics companies to create unique and high-end nail products.
2. Auction and Collectibles - The thriving market for celebrity memorabilia auctions opens up opportunities for auction houses and collectibles businesses to cater to this demand.
3. Event Management - The personalized fan experiences trend creates opportunities for event management companies to organize exclusive events and interactions between celebrities and their fans.