This coming weekend marks the summer's most anticipated long weekend, with this Labor Day 2011 Infographic breaking down the best parts of this short period of bliss. The North American statutory holiday is rooted in the celebration of hardworking individuals across the continent who use the day to relieve themselves from the pressures of employment. The American workforce is a diverse one with infinite industries and options for employment, and this infographic takes a close look into some of the facts and figures at its core.
Beginning by ranking the most commonly held jobs in ascending disorders, the graphic holds that teachers account for a whopping 7.2 million American jobs, followed by registered nurses who only account for 2.8 million! In addition to these stats, the graphic looks at job breakdowns in terms of gender, hours worked, shift workers versus 9-5 workers and many more elements of employment. Happy Labor Day!
Implications - Statutory holidays are an important time for consumers to relieve themselves from the pressures of daily life. Across a variety of industries, these holidays are a time to capitalize on the communal downtime of North Americans with sales, promotions and holiday-themed products.
The Labor Day 2011 Infographic is a Tribute to the Hardworking
1. Statutory Holidays - Opportunity for businesses to capitalize on communal downtime with sales, promotions, and holiday-themed products.
2. Job Breakdowns - Opportunity to analyze industry-specific employment data and identify areas for improvement or growth.
3. Diversity in Workforce - Opportunity to cater to the diverse needs and preferences of the American workforce through inclusive products and services.
1. Retail - Retailers can leverage statutory holidays to offer exclusive deals and promotions, attracting customers during their downtime.
2. Data Analysis - Data analysis companies can provide insights and solutions to businesses based on job breakdowns in different industries.
3. Product Development - Companies can develop and market products that cater to the unique needs of a diverse workforce, such as flexible work arrangements or inclusive workplace tools.