Portee by Lab212 is a multimedia, multi-sensory light installation created for a digital creativity festival in Namur, Belgium. The mesmerizing exhibit incorporates music, lasers, geometry and notions of conventional artistic spaces to create an immersive and thoughtful installation made possible with 16 electroluminescent wires that span from floor to ceiling of the Church Harscamp Notre Dame.
Set to music and featuring a piano, the Portee installation by Parisian-based studio Lab212 involves a lot of mathematical planning, given the motion-sensing qualities and the geometric patterns communicated through the lights.
Portee in particular makes use of the work of Greek-French composer Iannis Xenakis, who coincidentally also studied architecture under Le Corbusier's tutelage, combining two disciplines into one awe-inspiring conceptual project.
Portee by Lab212 is an Interactive Light Show in a Cathedral
1. Multimedia Church Installations - The trend of creating immersive multimedia installations in churches offers disruptive innovation opportunities in the field of experiential marketing and religious tourism.
2. Interactive Light Shows - The trend of interactive light shows provides disruptive innovation opportunities in the entertainment industry, particularly for live events and immersive experiences.
3. Digital Creativity Festivals - The trend of digital creativity festivals opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the technology and arts industries, fostering collaborations and pushing boundaries of traditional artistic spaces.
1. Experiential Marketing - The experiential marketing industry can leverage multimedia church installations to create memorable and immersive brand experiences that engage audiences on a deeper level.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can capitalize on interactive light shows by incorporating them into live performances and events, enhancing the overall experience for audiences.
3. Technology and Arts - The intersection of technology and arts in digital creativity festivals presents opportunities for disruptive innovation, such as the development of new interactive installations and immersive storytelling experiences.