It’s become tradition for Italian department store La Rinascente to come up with an artistic window display to celebrate the holiday season. This year is no different and La Rinascente invited designer Moritz Waldemeyer to decorate its storefront.
The installation includes over 1,300 colorful and iridescent snowflakes that are carried from beyond the glass storefront windows to the walkway outside of the store.
The space is celebratory of the season and quite playful. As well as being just a delight to look at, the snowflake installation also makes use of augmented reality. By pointing at viewing one of the snowflakes through the lens of a smartphone camera, people will see the movement and colors of the cut-out snowflakes manipulated and animated into a gorgeous flurry.
Photo Credits: designboom, rinascente.it
This Year's Holiday Window from La Rinascente is Interactive
1. Augmented Reality in Retail - The use of augmented reality in retail window displays creates interactive and immersive experiences for customers.
2. Interactive Storefront Displays - Innovative storefront displays that incorporate interactive elements captivate and engage customers.
3. Artistic Window Installations - Artistic and visually stunning window displays enhance the overall shopping experience for customers.
1. Retail - The retail industry can adopt augmented reality technology to create unique shopping experiences and attract more customers.
2. Visual Merchandising - The field of visual merchandising can explore new ways to make storefront displays interactive and visually appealing.
3. Design - Designers and artists can collaborate with retailers to create artistic installations that utilize augmented reality technology.