One of the newest Kit Kat bar flavors to be introduced in Japan combines the taste of three citrus fruits—lemon, sudachi and Mandarin orange—with a base of white chocolate. The unconventional flavor pairing from the brand was said to be concocted to capture the "sweet and sour experience of being young."
The zesty, summery Kit Kat chocolates are packaged in a box that boasts imagery from baseball stadium. In line with the style of packaging of this new product, sales of this new Kit Kat flavor are set to support youth baseball and softball organizations across Japan.
Over the years, Kit Kat has introduced a range of innovative varieties for its confections, including chocolate bars that capture the unique flavors of everything from sake and autumnal pumpkin pie to cough drops.
This Kit Kat Bar Flavor Aims to Capture the Essence of Youth
1. Citrus-infused Flavors - Opportunity for developing new food products and beverages that combine citrus fruits with unconventional ingredients.
2. Youth-inspired Packaging - Potential for creating packaging designs that evoke the feelings of youth and target younger consumer demographics.
3. Cause-driven Product Sales - Possibility to support social causes and contribute to organizations by linking product sales to specific initiatives.
1. Food & Beverage - Innovations in flavor combinations and packaging designs can disrupt the food and beverage industry by attracting new customers with unique offerings.
2. Confectionery - Opportunities to create unconventional confectionery products that cater to niche taste preferences and capture the attention of consumers seeking novelty.
3. Sports Marketing - Unique collaborations between food brands and sports organizations create disruptive innovation opportunities in the realm of promotional partnerships and cause-driven marketing campaigns.