Cereal has been sold in the same rectangular box for decades, yet one graphic designer has decided to rethink the design -- specifically for Kelloggs Special K. Mun Joo Jane, who is based in California, creates two concepts: one that takes on a transparent cylinder package and another that mimics the look of a milk carton.
The first redesign of the Kelloggs Special K package is transparent both figuratively and literally. Not only can people see the content of the vessel from the front, there is also measurements included to help people eat the proper portions. The second design of the Kelloggs Special K package is much more playful. Both are not only eye-catching, but stylish as well.
The Kelloggs Special K Package is Reimagined by Designer Mun Joo Jane
1. Redesigned Cereal Packaging - New shapes and styles of cereal packaging are disrupting the traditional rectangular box.
2. Transparency in Packaging - Transparent packaging that allows consumers to see the product is increasing in popularity.
3. Portion Control Packaging - Packaging featuring measurements for portion control is an emerging trend in the food industry.
1. Food Packaging - The food packaging industry has the opportunity to innovate by redesigning traditional packaging shapes and styles.
2. Graphic Design - Graphic designers have the opportunity to create unique and eye-catching packaging designs, such as the transparent cylinder and milk carton concepts by Mun Joo Jane.
3. Wellness Products - Brands that promote healthy eating and portion control, such as Kellogg's Special K, can benefit from packaging redesigns that emphasize these aspects.