The 'Karma Chameleon' editorial for Oyster Magazine embraces an aesthetic of street opulence. The striking fashion story highlights over-the-top styling that is a nod to 90s raver culture. From Pastel Goth to Seapunk styles, retro raver looks have been making a major comeback over the past year and this editorial by photographer Byron Spencer is no exception.
Spencer captures models Roberta, Marcele, Tamasin and Rachel as they transform into bohemian raver chicks. From sculptural braids to bold blue lipstick, loud and youthful styling is key in achieving these 90s themed looks. The 'Karma Chameleon' editorial for Oyster Magazine features styling courtesy of Peter Simon Phillips who dresses models in daring print combinations and graphic statement tees that are sure to turn heads.
The Karma Chameleon Oyster Image Series Revives 90s Styling
1. Retro Raver Fashion - Opportunities for brands to create new lines influenced by 90s raver culture and revive nostalgic trends.
2. Street Opulence Aesthetic - Potential for brands to incorporate extravagant and over-the-top styling into their designs for a bold and eye-catching look.
3. Bold Makeup and Hair - Cosmetics companies can explore vibrant colors and edgy hair styles to capture the spirit of 90s raver culture.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can tap into the trend of retro raver fashion and create collections that appeal to nostalgic consumers.
2. Photography - Photographers can experiment with street opulence aesthetic and capture bold and visually striking images.
3. Cosmetics - Cosmetics brands can develop products that cater to the demand for vibrant and statement-making makeup inspired by 90s raver culture.