Designer Edward Crutchley presents the new THE ONLY CONSTANT IN LIFE IS CHANGE collection that is designed for the Spring/Summer 2023 season. It was presented in a car park basement where it lied three flights of stairs underground. It was filled with music and lights that captured the same essence of natural noise and wildlife.
There were themes of Greek mythology referenced throughout the entire collection, delivering ethereal designs. Some had a shape-shifting feature as the opaque silver hues and blocks of holographic designs covered the entire body. All of the fabrics used in the collection were an interpretation of cloqué, which is a jacquard double fabric. He used both silk and aluminum cloqué jacquard to create textures and ripples in the fabrics.
Image Credit: Isidore Montag
Edward Crutchley Presents THE ONLY CONSTANT IN LIFE IS CHANGE
1. Shape-shifting Apparel - Incorporate materials that can transform or move with the body for a more dynamic and interactive fashion experience.
2. Holographic Design - Incorporate holographic details to enhance the overall aesthetic of a variety of products.
3. Cloqué Interpretations - Experiment with different interpretations of cloqué jacquard fabric to create unique and textured designs.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can incorporate these trends to create innovative and dynamic garments and accessories.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Manufacturers can develop new techniques and materials to create more texture and depth in cloqué jacquard fabric.
3. Visual Design - Visual designers can explore new ways to incorporate holographic elements into their designs, such as packaging or websites.