A distinct focus has been plastic on single-use plastics given the rising amount of the material that is showing up in our waterways and oceans, so Just Eat UK has launched a new king of packaging to combat against this.
The brand has begun a six-week trial of sauce sachets that are made from compostable seaweed material to eliminate the need for traditional plastic packets. The sauce pouches can be used, discarded and will decompose within six weeks to stop them from hanging around in landfills or streets.
Speaking on the new Oooh! sauce packets from Just Eat UK, Graham Corfield, UK Managing Director Just Eat, explained that, "At Just Eat, we’re committed to helping reduce the impact of the takeaway industry on plastic waste levels and we’ve already taken measures to drive more environmentally-friendly behavior among our restaurant partners and customers."
Just Eat UK Launched Eco Packaging to Reduce Plastic Waste
1. Compostable Packaging - The trend towards compostable packaging highlights an opportunity for companies to differentiate themselves in the market and reduce plastic waste.
2. Seaweed-based Products - The rise of seaweed-based products presents an opportunity for companies to explore innovative and sustainable alternatives to traditional packaging materials.
3. Zero-waste Solutions - The shift towards zero-waste solutions in the food industry presents an opportunity for companies to reduce their environmental impact while also appealing to environmentally conscious consumers.
1. Food Delivery Services - The food delivery industry can leverage compostable packaging and zero-waste solutions to reduce plastic waste and appeal to environmentally-conscious consumers.
2. Packaging Manufacturing - The packaging manufacturing industry can explore the use of seaweed-based materials as an alternative to traditional plastic packaging, presenting an opportunity to differentiate themselves in the market.
3. Fast Food Restaurants - Fast food restaurants can adopt compostable packaging and zero-waste solutions to reduce plastic waste and appeal to environmentally-conscious consumers, while also differentiating themselves in the market.