Sewell On The Go has announced it will be launching new compostable carrier bags in all of its stores to help offer shoppers a plastic alternative that can actually be composted after use. The bags are made using potato starch, which enables them to break down at the same rate when compared to food and garden waste. This means the bags are suited for home composting or even for putting food waste for municipal pickup.
Managing Director of Sewell On The Go Patrick Sewell spoke on the new carrier bags saying, "It’s important that all businesses are focusing on making themselves more sustainable and environmentally friendly. This is an appropriate step for us, but just one of many in terms of doing the right thing for us, our local community and the planet.”
Sewell On The Go is Launching Bags Made with Potato Starch
1. Compostable Retailer Carrier Bags - The trend of using alternative materials for retail carrier bags can disrupt the traditional plastic bags industry by providing a more eco-friendly option.
2. Home Composting - The trend of promoting home composting can disrupt the waste management industry by reducing the amount of organic waste that goes to landfills.
3. Sustainable Retailing - The trend of adopting more sustainable practices in retail could disrupt the industry by attracting environmentally-conscious consumers and increasing brand loyalty.
1. Retail Bags - The retail bags industry could benefit from using eco-friendly materials for their products, creating new markets for products and innovation opportunities.
2. Waste Management - The waste management industry can take advantage of the trend in home composting by providing composting solutions and services for households and businesses.
3. Retail - The retail industry can capitalize on the trend of sustainable retailing by adopting more environmentally friendly practices and attracting consumers who are looking for sustainable options.