Jumper Day 2018 is an annual initiative led by Save the Children, and the charitable organization is advertising the day with a humorous ad spot that reminds participants to "please wear responsibly."
The 50-second ad spot follows three characters sporting dorky holiday sweaters in unconventional scenarios. A women leading a spin class while sporting a massive fuzzy jumper appears to regret her decision, while a man trying to record a song in a studio is interrupted after his Christmas tree sweater begins to light up and play music.
The ad humorously reminds consumers of the cause, which occurs this December 14th. Jumper Day 2018 encourages the public to wear their silliest sweaters to remind people to donate to Save the Children.
Jumper Day 2018 Reminds Participants to "Please Wear Responsibly"
1. Humorous Advertisements - Opportunity for companies to create humorous ads that engage and entertain consumers.
2. Ugly Sweater Trend - Growing popularity of wearing silly and unconventional sweaters as a fashion statement.
3. Charitable Campaigns - Increased focus on creative campaigns that raise awareness and donations for charitable causes.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for advertising agencies to create humorous and memorable campaigns.
2. Fashion - Potential for fashion retailers to capitalize on the popularity of ugly sweaters by offering a wide range of unique and creative options.
3. Nonprofit - Opportunity for nonprofit organizations to create engaging campaigns that connect with a larger audience and encourage charitable donations.