If you're looking for a new way to enjoy tasty Jamaican flavors, Trader Joe's new Jerk-Style Plantain Chips are the perfect fix. While jerk seasoning is traditionally used for proteins such as chicken and pork, it also makes the perfect addition to crunchy plantain chips.
Trader Joe's new Jerk-Style Plantain Chips is an addictive new snack that draws inspiration from traditional Jamaican cooking. Trader Joe's starts with crunchy, slightly sweet plantain chips and then coats them in a flavorful jerk seasoning. This includes spices such as garlic powder, cinnamon, coriander, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, and, of course, spicy red chili pepper powder. Trader Joe's explains that as you enjoy the chips, the spice builds "to an exhilarating crescendo of heat, making it a perfect treat for the real spice fans out there."
Image Credit: Trader Joe's.
Trader Joe’s Jerk-Style Plantain Chips are Sweet and Spicy
1. Jerk-style Snacks - Create a range of jerk-style snacks using traditional Jamaican flavors for a unique and bold snacking experience.
2. Exotic Chip Flavors - Experiment with unconventional and flavorful chip seasonings, such as jerk seasoning, to captivate adventurous snackers.
3. Flavorful Seasonings - Explore the use of diverse and aromatic seasonings, like garlic powder, cinnamon, coriander, allspice, nutmeg, and ginger, to add depth and complexity to snacks.
1. Snack Food - The snack food industry can leverage the popularity of unique and bold flavors like jerk seasoning to cater to adventurous consumers.
2. Ethnic Foods - Ethnic food retailers and manufacturers can introduce jerk-style snacks that highlight traditional Jamaican flavors and appeal to consumers seeking authentic culinary experiences.
3. Spice Industry - The spice industry has an opportunity to promote diverse seasonings, like jerk seasoning, as a way to infuse excitement and enhance flavor profiles in various food products, including snacks.