Jeremy Gutsche and TrendHunter.com were featured in GLAMOUR Magazine (Italy) this month. In the article, Jeremy profiled rental culture and recycled garbage turned into fashion. Somehow a colored blackberry pearl snuck its way into the article, which isn't really on the cutting edge anymore, but overall the feature looked great.
Implications - Cross-media collaborations like this are a great way for two organizations within the same industry to simultaneously raise their profiles and reach new and relatively unexplored audiences. In this case, opportunities like this give major magazines access to leading experts that can contribute specialized knowledge that they might not otherwise be able to offer their viewers and reader base.
1. Rental Culture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore opportunities in the growing rental culture market, where consumers are opting to rent products and experiences instead of buying.
2. Recycled Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative solutions to transform recycled garbage into fashionable and sustainable clothing, tapping into the increasing demand for eco-friendly fashion.
3. Cross-media Collaborations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Foster partnerships between organizations within the same industry to amplify their reach, target new audiences, and share specialized knowledge for mutual benefit.
1. Consumer Rental Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build a disruptive rental platform that offers a wide range of products and experiences to cater to the growing demand for rental services.
2. Fashion and Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate sustainable practices and materials into fashion production to meet the rising consumer demand for eco-friendly and recycled fashion.
3. Publishing and Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace cross-media collaborations to tap into new audiences and leverage the expertise of leading industry professionals for specialized content creation.