Jenny Nordberg is a Swedish designer whose latest collection focuses on quick construction. Her '3 to 5 Minutes' collection is made up of two chairs, a movable shelf and a dining table (complete with four chairs). The collection gets its unique name from the fact that Nordberg assembled each piece by hand in under five minutes.
As the creation process was on a tight schedule, each piece naturally looks less than refined. While a trade-off in form was inevitable, function has not been sacrificed. Each piece of furniture is lightweight and has clay to cover its sharp edges. While the clay may look out of place it is also functional as it provides a handle for moving. This isn't the first time Jenny Nordberg has worked under self-imposed time constraints. She previously used all of three to five seconds to create a run of tableware and accessories.
Jenny Nordberg's '3 to 5 Minutes' Focuses on Quick Construction
1. Quick Construction - Quick assembly furniture showcasing the demand for time-efficient and easy-to-assemble products.
2. Functional Minimalism - Furniture designs that prioritize function and utility over elaborate aesthetics.
3. Time-constrained Design - Designers exploring the creative possibilities of working within tight timeframes for product development.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Opportunities for manufacturers to develop innovative, time-efficient assembly processes for furniture.
2. Home Decor Retail - Retailers can market quick assembly furniture to consumers who value convenience and minimalistic design.
3. Design Consulting - Design consultants can assist clients in developing time-efficient, functional furniture designs for various applications.