This immersive light project plays with individual perceptions of sight and sound specific to each user's experience and presence.
The 'Infinity Room' is part of media artist Refik Anadol's research project 'Temporary Immersive Environment Experiments' located in Istanbul, Turkey. The project seeks to immerse subjects into a state of consciousness where the one's personal awareness of the physical self is transformed by being surrounded in a engrossing artificial world. This immersive light experience is achieved by transforming a typical flat cinema screen experience into a 3D space through the use of contemporary algorithms and the manipulation of light.
The end result is a stunning example of technology and control, transforming into something that is a clear departure from normal perception.
The 'Infinity Room' is a Stunning Display of Sight and Sound
1. Immersive Light Installations - This trend showcases the potential for using light and technology to transform physical spaces into engrossing artificial worlds.
2. Temporary Immersive Environment Experiments - This trend emphasizes the importance of using algorithms to create 3D spaces that blur the lines between art and reality.
3. Manipulation of Light - This trend highlights the potential for using light as a tool for creating immersive experiences that are a clear departure from normal perception.
1. Art and Design - Art and design industries can utilize immersive light installations to create visually stunning exhibits that immerse viewers into an artificial world.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can use immersive light installations to create experiential events that blur the lines between reality and fantasy.
3. Architecture and Interior Design - The architecture and interior design industries have the potential to incorporate immersive light installations into their designs to create unique and memorable experiences for their clients.