It's hard to find peace of mind in a cluttered room, and it can also be challenging to find a way to navigate the space, as IKEA recognizes with its newest virtual escape room. IKEA created an augmented reality escape room experience on Snapchat and it tasks users with organizing a cluttered space. The experience invites Snapchat users to "make room for what really matters" with Escape the Clutter, which is said to be both challenging and fun.
Like any escape room experience, this one shares plenty of clues that provide the keys needed to escape, but in this case, they take the form of organizational solutions from the furniture and decor brand.
Augmented reality experiences have proven especially popular amid the pandemic, especially as people need to be engaged in new ways from home.
IKEA is Challenging Snapchat Users to Escape a Messy Room
1. In-app Virtual Escape Rooms - Gamification of brand experiences through virtual reality presents an opportunity for increased engagement.
2. Augmented Reality Experiences - Incorporating augmented reality in brand experiences offers a unique and interactive way to engage with customers.
3. Organizational Solutions - Brands can create value by offering customers practical solutions for everyday problems.
1. Furniture and Home Decor - Brands in this space can enhance the customer experience by incorporating augmented reality for space planning and organization.
2. Gaming - Companies in this industry can leverage their expertise in creating immersive and challenging experiences to develop virtual escape room games for brands.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Using virtual escape rooms as a marketing technique can increase customer engagement and positive brand association.