To support the release of the IKEA Place app, which was launched earlier this year, IKEA is now touting the application as a great tool to help consumers find the perfect place for their Christmas tree.
The augmented reality app leverages technology from Apple's ARKit to help consumers see various IKEA products within their home environment. Now, for the holidays, those who have the IKEA Place app downloaded are able to scan the floor and a general area of a room before using a finger to drag and drop a holiday tree to different interior locations.
Within the app, IKEA has made different styles of trees available, suggesting that it offers a myriad of home furnishing and decor solutions to fit every person's preferred style.
The IKEA Place App Helps Consumers Perfectly Place Their Christmas Tree
1. Augmented Reality Home Decor - The use of augmented reality technology in apps like IKEA Place presents an opportunity for businesses to create innovative home decor solutions.
2. Enhanced User Experience - Apps like IKEA Place that allow users to visualize products in their own space can provide a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to enhance the user experience.
3. Virtual Try-on - The AR tree-positioning app showcases the potential for businesses to develop virtual try-on solutions that allow customers to experiment with different products before purchasing.
1. Retail - The retail industry can embrace augmented reality technology to create immersive shopping experiences and increase customer engagement.
2. Home Decor - The home decor industry can leverage AR tree-positioning apps to provide customers with personalized and visually accurate placement recommendations.
3. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can implement AR technology to enable customers to virtually visualize products before making a purchasing decision, reducing the need for returns.