It's well-documented that consistent contact with another person can do wonders for your health level, so the 'Huggie Dougie' chair has been designed to offer a way to get a hug when no one's around to give you one.
Designed by Doug Fertig, the chair works by having a person sit down and activate the inflation design that will apply pressure to them from the left and right for a comforting sitting experience. This helps to stimulate the body's natural production of dopamine, oxytocin and serotonin to lift the spirits of the person for a quick boost whenever they need it.
Lifestyles are only becoming more hectic and busy with the average person spending longer hours than ever in their office and home. The 'Huggie Dougie' chair identifies how we could incorporate an artificial way to lift our spirits into office spaces or homes to help combat depression, stress and even heart disease.
The 'Huggie Dougie' Chair Hugs the Sitter for Increase Their Wellness
1. Artificial Hugs - Incorporating artificial ways of lifting spirits into our/office spaces or homes is a disruptive innovation opportunity.
2. Wellness Seating - Designing chairs to improve wellness and mental health is a disruptive innovation opportunity.
3. Personal Pressure Inflation - Using personal pressure inflation designs in chairs to lift spirits is a disruptive innovation opportunity.
1. Furniture Industry - Designing wellness chairs can disrupt the furniture industry.
2. Office Supply Industry - Incorporating artificial ways of lifting spirits into office spaces can disrupt the office supply industry.
3. Mental Health Industry - Creating chairs that can improve mental health can disrupt the mental health industry.