HQ Trivia has brought trivia back into popular culture, rejuvenating the game from the more senior realm of Jeopardy! and Trivial Pursuit, and the app is looking to expand further with the newly announced HQ Sports app. As the name suggests, HQ Sports is a trivia game devoted entirely to sports questions, giving users a more focused game to try their wit at.
While HQ Sports is currently designed to function virtually the same as HQ Trivia, only with a focus on sports rather than general trivia, the impetus for its introduction might auger expansion in the future. The Supreme Court of the US recently approved states' rights to legalize sports betting, and the choice to focus in on sports with a game in which users stand to win money, as is the case with HQ Trivia, could be a move toward more direct gambling in the future.
'HQ Sports' is a Sporty Version of the Hit Trivia Game
1. Sports Trivia Apps - The popularity of HQ Sports and the potential for gambling integration presents opportunities for the development of new and improved sports trivia apps.
2. Gamified Sports Betting - The recent legalization of sports betting in the US opens the door for disruptive innovation within the gamification of sports betting, incorporating trivia games and other technology-driven experiences.
3. Sports Betting Education - As sports betting becomes legal in more states, there is an opportunity for industries and companies to provide education and resources to help consumers bet wisely and responsibly.
1. Gaming - The rise of sports trivia apps and potential for integration with gambling presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the gaming industry.
2. Sports Betting - The rise of sports trivia apps and the recent legalization of sports betting presents an opportunity for the sports betting industry to expand and innovate.
3. Educational Technology - As sports betting becomes increasingly popular and legal, there is an opportunity for the educational technology industry to develop resources to educate and inform consumers on safe and responsible sports betting practices.