Stockholm-based studio Front designed the Hoop lamps for design label Zero. The lighting series is comprised of vibrantly colored metal strands that form a cage around a circular light, and made its first debut at the Stockholm Design Week this year. The metal caging structure is available in a variety of colors -- it wraps around the diffuser with its eight steel wires in the form of a round encasing.
The studio wanted to make the two components look disconnected and to do so, the electric energy is transferred through hidden wires. These electrical components hide inside the outer cage and weave through the bottom of the Hoop lamps. The Hoop lamps are being released at the Stockholm Furniture Fair, which started on February 5th and will run through February 11th.
Image Credit: Front
'Front' Designed the Brightly Colored Hoop Lamps for Zero
1. Vibrant Wireframe Lighting - Designing lighting fixtures with brightly colored metal strands that form a cage around a circular light.
2. Discreet Electrical Components - Hiding electrical components behind vibrantly colored metal wires to create an illusion of disconnection.
3. Circular Light Diffuser - Using circular light diffusers as a focal point for lighting fixtures.
1. Lighting Design - Innovating lighting design by experimenting with new materials and colors.
2. Interior Design - Creating lighting fixtures as statement pieces for interior design projects.
3. Electrical Engineering - Developing technologies and techniques for hiding electrical components within design creations.