This homemade marshmallow recipe by lifestyle and food blog A Night Owl offers an unconventional mix between savory and sweet flavors taken from beer. The unlikely use of the libration in the dessert recipe turns the beer marshmallows into campfire s'more that is both salty and sweet.
The marshmallows are made from scratch using unflavored gelatin that is turned savory with the addition of cold beer of choice. The carbonated element adds a salty taste to the marshmallow thanks to the hops in the brew. The savory flavors are contrasted with sweeter notes found in the vanilla, sugar and corn syrup. Once the beer marshmallows are made they can be enjoyed as-is, or turned into a savory s'more with added milk chocolate and graham crackers.
These Homemade Marshmallow Treats Feature a Savory Carbonated Taste
1. Savory Dessert - Innovative ways of mixing savory and sweet flavors to create a unique dessert experience.
2. Alcohol-infused Treats - Incorporating alcohol into traditional treats to add a unique flavor twist.
3. DIY Marshmallow Recipes - Creating homemade marshmallows with unconventional ingredients for a personalized sweet experience.
1. Food and Beverage - Exploring unique flavor combinations and experimenting with new ingredients to create innovative treats.
2. Alcohol and Spirits - Incorporating alcoholic flavors into traditional sweet treats for a new and unique taste sensation.
3. DIY Hobbyists - Appealing to consumers who are interested in making homemade treats with unconventional ingredients and methods.