Rome is in no shortage of extravagant hotels but the Holy Deer San Lorenzo City Lodge is the only guesthouse that lets guest stay in the former home of a Pope. Once the home to Pope Innocent X, the fantastic space features a combination of old-world charm and modern-day luxury. It measures in at 350 square meters and was transformed by hoteliers Stefano and Giorgia Barbini. However, the room still clings to its old-world charm with marble elements and Baroque-style walls.
The Holy Deer San Lorenzo City Lodge also comes equipped with a chef's kitchen, a hot tub lined with 300,000 handmade tiles, a music room and a library filled with fashion tomes.
Image Credit: Holy Deer San Lorenzo City
The Holy Deer San Lorenzo City Lodge Merges the Old-World with the New
1. Historic Hotels - Hotels and resorts are turning overlooked historic properties into unique and memorable hospitality spaces.
2. Luxury Airbnb Rentals - Ownership of luxury homes and residences can now be a source of revenue as exclusive home-sharing platforms such as Airbnb continue to gain popularity.
3. Heritage Architecture and Restoration - Investing in preserving heritage architecture such as old palaces and mansions can generate opportunities in the boutique lodging and wedding industry.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can explore the potential of converting historic properties into luxurious hotels and vacation rentals to offer clients unique accommodation experiences.
2. Real Estate - Luxury Historic homes can have new revenue streams through home-sharing services such as Airbnb or through restoration and sale as event venues, boutique hotels or luxury residences.
3. Wedding Planning - Heritage architecture and restoration provides opportunities for small and luxury wedding planners to offer unique and memorable events in old palaces and mansions.